Re: Implementation question

From: Emanuele D'Arrigo <manu3d@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 09:10:33 +0100
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
2009/5/22 Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>

>  The rendering tree has to be separate from the DOM, because there are
> boxes that have no corresponding DOM nodes, and vice versa....  So you
> really can't do it all (DOM API and rendering) using a single tree data
> structure.

Yes, that didn't occur to me earlier: I didn't consider that some elements
in a document might not have to be rendered at all. It's obvious of course
but looking at the big picture I just didn't think about it. So now it makes
perfects sense that there are multiple structures doing different things
alongside the DOM tree. Thank you! This discussion was very informative!

Manu