Re: That's a lot of events!

From: Emanuele D'Arrigo <manu3d@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 23:39:03 +0100
To: www-dom@w3.org
2009/5/18 Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>

> Emanuele D'Arrigo wrote:
>
>> My interpretation of this is that if I add a subtree of, say, 50 nodes,
>> each one of them will trigger a DOMNodeInsertedIntoDocument.
>>

> That's correct.

(...)

>  Maybe I'm misinterpreting something?
>>

> Not at all.  There's a reason this event is not supported in Gecko....

Ah! Thank you for clarifying this! Interesting that Gecko doesn't support
it. Maybe this event could become more "palatable" if a node had to have an
"EventBroadcaster" (as opposed to an EventListener) of the appropriate type
for it to trigger the event. As a concept it could even be extended to all
other events. I'm not sure if this makes much sense for other events
though...

Manu