RE: [DOML3Events] ACTION-267 Proposal for event iterator

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:23:08 -0400
To: Mike Wilson <mikewse@hotmail.com>
Cc: 'Patrick Garies' <pgaries@fastmail.us>, www-dom@w3.org
On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 12:06 +0200, Mike Wilson wrote:
> Patrick Garies wrote:
> > mikewse wrote:
> > >  Sorry Jonas, I'm not 100% sure on the terminology with
> > >  "implementation and user script", but if you with user scripts are
> > >  referring to external script files included by the current page
> > >  (<script src=...>) then, yes, event handlers added from
> > these scripts
> > >  would need to be included in the handler listing as well. If my
> > >  answer is not sufficient, could you maybe give me an example of the
> > >  kinds of scripts you were thinking about?
> >
> > Presumably, user scripts are like those of the Greasemonkey extension
> > for Mozilla Firefox.
>
> Yes, that crossed my mind as well, but then I got unsure whether
> that kind of scripts are defined and have a meaning in the
> "w3c world".

I don't think there is a need to put a meaning to them. Those scripts
are post document load out-of-band scripts. I didn't look deep into them
but I imagine that they are triggered by the document load event. The
DOM specifications (almost) always assumed that there could be more than
one thread at a time manipulating the DOM tree that are ignorant of each
other.

Philippe