Re: Accessing Object Parameters from an Embedded SVG

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:03:27 +0100, Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
wrote:
>   <object data="http://some.other.domain/example.svg" ><param
> name="foo" value="bar"/></object>
>
>> From within foo.svg, shouldn't I be able to get access to the
> parameters sent to the object?  This fails when the SVG and HTML are
> in different domains (in my case, I have the HTML on a sub-domain and
> the SVG at my root domain).

If you have example.org and foo.example.org setting document.domain to
example.org on both documents should allow communication if I remember
correctly. In HTML5 there's a cross-document messaging API that allows
more generic communication accross several domains. All browsers are
implementing that now.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>