Re: Need help regarding DOM 2 Traversal and Range Test Suites

On Aug 9, 2007, at 3:11 PM, RAVAL JIMIT-PHD784 wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am working in Motorola and I need some help getting test cases
> and test data for DOM level 2 traversal and range.
>
> I found this link for DOM 2 tests
>
> http://www.w3.org/2004/04/ecmascript/level2/core/alltests.html
>
> Does this link contain tests for traversal and range and how can I
> copy all the test data from the above link, so that I can modify as
> needed.
>
> Please contact me on jimit.raval@motorola.com or Sharjeel Hasan on
> sharjeel@motorola.com
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jimit Raval

The URL should strongly suggest that the link for is DOM L2 Core
tests.  There were other test suites for other DOM L2 modules, but
there seemed to be none for Traversal and Range at least according to
the snapshot I had on my machine.  If you were interested in writing
tests, the framework likely could be used (likely with some
enhancements), but there has been no activity on the DOM TS proper
for several years.  It looks like my credentials are no longer valid,
so if I were wanting to address some of the open issues, I'd have to
figure out how to get access again.

The Mobile Web Test Suite Initiative (http://web5.w3.org/2005/MWI/
Tests/) has been using the DOM TS and other test suites and its
mailing list (public-mwts@w3.org) may be able to help you if there is
some other T&R suite that came from a difference source.  However,
the list has been quiet due to vacations and the like.