Re: Creating a HTML document

* Samuel wrote:
>I am actually developing my program using Microsoft Visual C++ in a console
>program. Their implementation of the DOM is frustrating. I hope that if I
>have something that shows and/or explains how to do what I need to do using
>the standard that I can match that with the Windows implementation. I hope.

Presumably you are using MSXML. The DOM implementation in MSXML does not
support the HTML DOM, it only supports the MXHTMLWriter which turns SAX
events into HTML syntax. You could use MSHTML instead, which implements
parts of the HTML DOM; Internet Explorer uses MSHTML internally. One
option might be to use MSXML and transform the DOM you built using XSLT
where the XSLT specifies the HTML output method.

As for documentation, MSDN has plenty of examples on how to use MSXML,
but generally any DOM Core tutorial would do. You are probably most in-
terested in the createElement, appendChild, and setAttribute methods.
In any case, a better venue for help would be the microsoft.public.xml
newsgroup on nntp://msnews.microsoft.com or your local NNTP server.