Re: Special group of functions for NON-ELEMENT nodes in document

From: Matt Dockerty <matt@nistrum.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:58:32 +0100
To: www-dom@w3.org
CC: Ray Whitmer <ray@xmission.com>

Apologies Ray. Please contact me personally if you would like to discuss
your mail. I don't think that doing so here would be valuable to everyone.

An addition to a current draft is one possible solution to the
non-standard DOM implementations. Something which a developer could use
to strip whitespace nodes from the document tree they are working with.
For example, a call to a new document.normalizeWhitespace() prior to DOM
processing. Then the developer could be assured that their code would
work on any implementation and axis selection methods could be used