appendChild exception missing from standard

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 14:26:46 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/core.html#ID-184E7107
doesn't say what exception appendChild should throw on invalid input
(such as null or a string). A while ago we at Opera realised that pretty
much
everyone else throws an exception that isn't in the spec, (learnt the hard
way since
not doing so broke Google Reader..) so I suggest the spec is updated to
cover exceptions due to arguments that are not nodes or document fragments.

(This is also relevant for other DOM functions like replaceChild)

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen
Core QA JavaScript tester, Opera Software