Re: Radio button group

From: Ray Whitmer <ray@personallegal.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:41:44 -0700
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
To: "Calogero Alex Baldacchino" <alex.baldacchino@email.it>

IMO, the language (Javascript) and binding (of APIs) have nothing to
do with how the names are scoped for this call.  That is a matter of
the object model, the Document Object Model.

I agree that there may have been many more error-free or more
functional approaches.  I suspect it is unlikely to change at this
point merely by comments made in this list.

The DOM specification was an attempt to get a standard that browser
and other developers could agree on.  This was especially true in the
case of the HTML DOM (focus on browser vendors).

Before any changes or improvements could be considered, I believe you
would have to reestablish a situation where this sort of consensus
between browser vendors could be reforged.

Ray Whitmer