Re: DOM Level 2 HTML form.submit() safety / security

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:15:21 -0700
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>

As I said, one way the user could give permission is to configure the
browser to allow same-site POSTs to be automatically submitted -- but
that should be the users' decision.

XmlHttpRequest isn't (yet) a W3C Recommendation; it's just an
interface that a lot of people like. Part of the process of
standardising it is to rationalise it with the Web architecture as
well as good security practice -- as the Web API WG's charter requires.

Cheers,