Re: DOM3 Core: changing .prefix of namespace declarations

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-dom@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:02:29 +1100
To: www-dom@w3.org

Hi Ray.

Ray Whitmer:
> My own recent experience with Batik was very negative.  When I edited
> documents with inkscape and tried to get Batik to accept them, I had
> to remove every xml namespace declaration and prefix use before I
> could get it to work.  I wouldn't therefore even count Batik until it
> can parse XML documents with xml namespace declarations and usages of
> xml:space, for example, in them (and I think there were other things
> broken as well).  I have no experience with ASV6.

If you have specific examples of where you think Batik is broken could
you please file a bug report or send mail to one of the mailing lists
(or reply here) so it could be fixed, thanks.  I haven't had any
problems loading namespace well-formed documents in Batik.

  http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla

Cameron

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au