Fix attribute types with spaces?

From: Kelly Miller <lightsolphoenix@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:49:28 -0500
To: www-dom@w3.org

I was just curious, is there possibly any fix for attributes that are
supposed to be values separated by spaces (like class)?  I see a lot of
code like this:

document.getElementById('test').className += " newClass"

And I wonder why elements like these couldn't be treated/returned as an
array or something like that.  I personally don't think that treating
these values as strings is such a great idea, since getting rid of them
requires the use of regular expressions in most languages.

--
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ - Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ - Reclaim Your Inbox!