Re: DOM3 Events: range of DOMAttrModified modifications

* Ray Whitmer wrote:
>Likewise, setting or clearing isID does not affect the meaning of the
>node, but is only a device for communicating knowledge about the
>meaning of an ID from an underlying understanding of the DTD, which
>may or may not be available.  That a node has changed the value does
>not, in my opinion, merit a mutation event, because the meaning and
>the serialization of the document has not changed at all.

Well, I'm just saying the language here is too vague (it does not
specify whether changing the children of an Attr node also counts as
"string based replacement of an Attr value" either, for example).

It is true that in many environments changes to the prefix or whether
the attribute value is specified or defaulted won't affect processing;
that's a bit different for IDs though, I would not say that messing
with those does not affect the "meaning" of a document. It might not
be relevant to DOMAttrModified, but that's not clear at the moment.