Re: [dom3core] WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:08:20 +0100
To: "Ray Whitmer" <ray@personallegal.net>, "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 16:46:42 +0100, Ray Whitmer <ray@personallegal.net>
wrote:
> How easily these sorts of quirky behaviors can be hacked into your
> engine remains to be seen, depending upon design.  I do not like any of
> these -- I think standards adherence should be cleaner -- but that is
> just me, and people only going for the end effect of compatibility with
> ordinary IE-inspired content and standards may have less problem with
> these sorts of approaches.

Rather than introducing some kind of switching mode I think we're willing
to break some parts of specifications if absolutely necessary and focus on
bugs that are not yet fixed or revealed.

What you're proposing has not really any kind of benefit for browsers
except to claim compliance to some standard that apparently did not make
it in the real world and had not enough interoperability testing.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>