Re: Browser implementors? Re: [dom3core] getAttribute

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:38:48 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
>> I also note that we have not yet heard from Internet Explorer, Firefox,
>> Safari, Konquerer and iCab developers whether they would be willing to
>> change their code to match the specification, or whether we could keep
>> this quirk in the specification for the obsolete getAttribute method but
>> use the empty string as return value for getAttributeNS which is much
>> less widespread.
>
> I'm a Safari developer. We wouldn't make a change to this behavior
> unilaterally. I'm also not sure that all browsers changing at once would
> be sufficient, since many users would still be on older versions. I
> can't speak for Konqueror, but they, like Safari, originally had the
> spec compliant behavior and changed to the de facto standard behavior.
>
> Would any other browser developers care to comment?

I'm not an Opera developer, but I'm wondering why getAttribute is
obsolete. I'd also rather have them consistently implemented.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>