DOM and visual cues

From: michael azmy <mikeazmy@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 01:38:34 -0800 (PST)
To: www-dom@w3.org
  Dear Sir,
  I do my research on Web content mining. I want to use DOM tree for representing the structure of my HTML web page. To understand the semantic of the web page, I depend on visual cues using DOM tree. The web pages may depend on the CSS in its formatting like the size of the heading topic. I just want to ask if DOM tree make me able to extract the visual cues even if it is represented in CSS files?

  Thanks in regard.