Re: [dom3core] getAttribute

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:37:01 -0500
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>

Personal reaction: If all the other browsers really are wrong... They're
still wrong, and we should be beating them up and trying to get them to fix
it rather than endorsing this error.

But I have a bit of trouble believing this assertion.

If folks want to distinguish between empty attribute and absent attribute,
they should be using getAttributeNode(), which *does* return null for an
empty node.

Are you sure you aren't confusing these two calls, or working in a language
binding that masks the difference between null and empty string?

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk