Re: Accessing the DOM for a currently browsed document

Jorgen Horstink wrote:
> Nor is stated anywhere the window.document property implements the
> HTMLDocument interface.
>
> Stating a HTMLDocument object is needed (on the global object), does not
> tell how the window.document property should implement the HTMLDocument
> interface.
>
> Current browser vendors have agreed that the window.document object
> implements the HTMLDocument interface. To my mind it is as clear as can be.

You're correct, but it can be made clearer by specifying it. It would
have the advantage that one would be able to refer to the current
behaviour without relying on reverse engineering or oral tradition (so
to speak). Hopefully, W3C work in this area should be announced soonish.

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist