Re: Live Structure and test

From: Robert <rvl@xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:09:32 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org

Joseph Kesselman wrote:

>See http://www.w3.org/DOM/faq.html for a discussion of what liveness means
>in this context and how to manage it. (Personally, I recommend avoiding
>using nodelists whenever possible due to the issues documented there;
>liveness and integer-index access really are not a comfortable fit for each
>other.)

Thank you for this link. It anwers my question about live NodeList clearly.
I was wondering what you meant by avoiding nodelists. Because I see no
choice to implement the methods that returns a NodeList sometimes. Or
were you talking about the user of a DOM to copy the nodes from the
NodeList before processing them?