Re: Some DOM Level 3 questions/comments

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:36:13 +0100
To: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-dom@aka.mcc.id.au>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

Hey Cam,

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> 2. In DOM 3 Core's namespace normalization algorithm, it says to report
>    an error if the namespace declaration is invalid.  It doesn't say,
>    though, what DOMError error string to use here.  What should it be?
>    (There are other instances of 'report an error' in the algorithm,
>    with no appropriate error string, too.)

By "error string" I assume you mean error code (eg NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR).
If you look at places where the algo would be used in
(Document::normalizeDocument, Node::normalize) you will see discussion
of what to do with the error:

"If errors occur during the invocation of this method (...) errors or
warnings (DOMError.SEVERITY_ERROR or DOMError.SEVERITY_WARNING) will be
reported using the DOMErrorHandler object associated with the
"error-handler" parameter. Note this method might also report fatal
errors (DOMError.SEVERITY_FATAL_ERROR) if an implementation cannot
recover from an error."

--
Robin Berjon
   Research Scientist