Re: A question on DOMException: Why is code defined as component instead of an attribute?

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:28:08 -0400
To: ale@alejandrolapeyre.com.ar
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 22:15 -0300, ale@alejandrolapeyre.com.ar wrote:
> Looking at the normative xml file I see that the DOMException, code member is defined as a
> <component>.
>
> Why is code defined as <component> instead of <attribute> ?
>
> What was/is the idea behind this?

After doing a quick search, I have no idea why it is defined as a
component, so I'll try to guess: it might be that IDL excluded
attributes in exceptions in the past.
Looking at the IDL specification, once can have attributes in an
exception, so I don't think there is a reason to have as a component
anymore.

Maybe someone with more IDL knowledge would help clarify this?

Philippe