Re: DOM interfaces for XSLT

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 18:19:54 +0200
To: Frans Englich <frans.englich@telia.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

Frans Englich wrote:
> I find it easy to find work inside W3C that needs to be done: whole
> specifications missing, extensions in specifications being abscent, test
> suites that needs completion, and so forth. Mostly the reaction is "Good
> Idea, Someone Should start a Working Group for that." After that passes a
> handful of years, with no clear answers on if anything will happen at all.

The reason I mentionned such a group is that there's a chance that it
might get created in the close future and start work on precisely this
sort of API, I would expect in a fast-paced manner. While nothing is
settle at this point, I have reason to hope that it's not a "oooh, let's
create a WG for this" thing.

> The questions that begs is, is the W3C bureaucracy justified? I can't answer
> if it fully is, but it surely is frustrating.

In my experience the "bureaucracy" is quite limited. The major problem
I've found is that finding people to do actual work on specifications
and test suites is hard. Way too often WGs are short on workforce as too
few people can commit time to get things done.

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist