Re: DOM interfaces for XSLT

Joseph Kesselman wrote:
> In the Java world, there is a suggested API for running XSLT: TrAX
> (Transformation API for XML), which is now part of the JAXP (Java API for
> XML Parsing) package. TrAX is supported by most of the popular Java XSLT
> processors. Sounds like Ecmascript might want to adapt/adopt that
> approach...?

It's not a language thing but a browser thing. Having a way of
transforming a DOM (sub)tree and getting the result back is an operation
commonly supported by a number of browsers and that could need some
standardisation. I guess this would be fodder for some web applications
work from W3C.

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist