Re: A question about DOM implementation in .Net

From: Andrew Clover <and-w3@doxdesk.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 17:22:57 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org

Alejandro Lapeyre <ale@alejandrolapeyre.com.ar> wrote:

> 1). In .Net is common and suggested to use ProperCase to define methods.
> Is acceptable for a DOM implementation to use, for example,
> TagName instead of tagName ?

That's up to the bindings between DOM and the target language. I'm not
aware of any efforts to produce a standard binding for .NET, so that's
probably your call for the moment. In any case, do *all* .NET languages
mandate TitleCase, even those derived from other languages that do not?

Whatever you do, document your bindings and use them consistently.

> 2) In .Net an interface can not define Constants, so, would it be acceptable
> to use an Enum (enumeration) instead?.

Again it's probably a bindings issue, but DOM sees the constant
definition groups as being pretty strongly integer-based, and I imagine
some authors would be unhappy if, for example, testing nodeType==1 were
to fail.

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and@doxdesk.com