Re: DOM3 erratum?

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:14:46 -0400
To: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-dom@aka.mcc.id.au>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

... Right. <blush/> It's been too long; I'd forgotten that there had been a
demand for the rich version of this test and a bit-field return value.
That's over-complexl for my needs, but calling the provided method may
still be cheaper than reimplementing the test.

Combined with the assertion that the node on which
compareDocumentPosition() is invoked is the Reference Node, this does
answer my question.

Thanks for the sanity check.

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk