The DOM XPath interface -- what is its status?

From: Frans Englich <frans.englich@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 14:14:37 +0000
To: www-dom@w3.org

Hello,

I'm looking for status information about the W3C XPath interface; more
specifically what the estimated time elapse until recommendation status is.
It would also be interesting to hear how the specification will, or is
estimated to change.

According to:
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-XPath/

The last publication date was about a year ago, and had then followed a Last
Call period. What is holding back; is it related to XPath 2?

Similar information about a test suite would be useful as well.

According to:
http://www.w3.org/2002/03/DOM-Level-3-XPath-issues/open-summary.html

are no issues pending.

I suspect this information is listed on a web site somewhere, but haven't had
any luck. Someone has perhaps a pointer?

Cheers,

		Frans