Re: XHTML DOM

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 12:50, Olle Olsson wrote:
> [[ Forwarding actual content failed in previous try. Explicitly pasting
> content in this second try /olle ]
>
> I have seen a few references to "XHTML DOM".
>
> Question: Now, is this (1) some specific topic under consideration,
> or is it just (2) "the ordinary DOM that happens to be used for XHTML
> documents, so nothing special is to be done"?

XHTML 1.0 is an XML application and therefore the XML module of DOM can
be used to manipulate it. DOM Level 2 HTML is intended for HTML 4.01 and
XHTML 1.0 documents. Therefore, a DOM implementation can expose the XML
and HTML interfaces at the same time (see [1]).

Philippe

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-DOM-Level-2-HTML-20030109/html.html#ID-5353782642