Re: L3 Core: Element.getIdAttribute() and Element.getIdAttributeNode for convenience

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 13:30, Oleg S. Estehin wrote:
> If there are explicit setIdAttribute[|NS|Node]() methods then it seems quite
> logical that explicit getIdAttribute() should also be present.

setIdAttribute* indicates whether an attribute should be considered of
type id or not. More than on attribute could be set that way, and
getIdAttribute would have to return a list of Attr nodes. We believe
that the current proposal fulfills the use case we were trying to
address: if you don't a schema or a DTD to indicate ID attribute, how
can you use getElementById()? Note that it would be easy to implement
your getIdAttribute function using the existing Attr.isId attribute. No
changes were done to the specification following your proposal,
let us know if you are satisfied or not with our decision,

Philippe