L3 LS: Configuration parameter to enable/disable application specific DOM

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 17:26:03 -0600
To: www-dom@w3.org

I'd like comments on this if anyone has thought this through.  Assume
that you have an implementation that supports Core on generic XML
documents and application specific DOM, such as L2 HTML, SVG or MathML.
If you automatically created the application specific elements when you
encounted recognized elements, you may incur additional overhead in DOM
building and may reject documents that are valid XML but aren't valid
XHTML or SVG.  However, if you don't automatically do that, you always
get a generic DOM implementation.  I think that doing this right would
require an additional configuration parameter in LSParser, but I haven't
thought through what that would look like.