Re: Request for review: XOP

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 10:47:00AM -0700, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> From my viewpoint (i.e., not representing the WG), the focus of the
> request wasn't to "push" a particular way to support this onto DOM;
> rather, to solicit feedback from DOM about how it would be best
> accommodated. Based on the discussion so far, subclassing seems to be a
> good approach, but it sounds likely that it would need to be done by a
> WG other than DOM.

  Okay, that sounds reasonable, subclassing is fine. My main worry
is that DOM is already considered complex, and has a lot of different
extensions. The only thing more or less clear to users is that it is
an API to process parsed markup languages, and it's probably better
to avoid using the "DOM" name for anything which is not strongly tied
to markup.

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |