Re: Comments on DOM 3 LS

Anjana Manian wrote:
> 2. Interface DOMParser:
>
> - This interface was called DOMBuilder in the earlier version(s) of the spec. Is there any specific reason why the name is changed to DOMParser. The name change to "DOMParser" is confusing to our users since we already have a public class called DOMParser (oracle.xml.parser.v2.DOMParser) and from a quick google search, it looks like Xerces might also have one (namely org.apache.xerces.parser.DOMParser )  If there is no "specific" reason for changing the name to DOMParser, it will be preferred if the name is changed back to DOMBuilder.
>
> Alternatively, the interface could be changed to DOMParserLS or DOMBuilderLS (consistent with DOMImplementationLS, DocumentLS etc).

This was discussed in the DOM WG and the group decided to change the
names yet one more time, this time to LSParser, and hopefully this will
resolve the name conflict in all cases. The group didn't like the name
Builder, nor Writer, so for consistecy's sake the group made the
decision to rename DOMParser and DOMSerializer to LSParser and
LSSerializer (and same for the filters).

[...]
> 4. Interface DOMSerializer:
>
> - Is there any specific reason why DOMWriter is changed to DOMSerializer. It will be preferred if DOMSerializer is changed to DOMSerializerLS or to DOMWriterLS.

Same as above.

--
jst