Re: Draft Note on DOM Support for XPath 2.0

On Monday, 08/25/2003 at 11:44 CST, Ray Whitmer <ray@xmission.com> wrote:
> The result sometimes represents a sequence and sometimes does not,
> so I am not sure that naming it XPath2Sequence is a good idea.

Per the XPath 2.0 Working Draft (section 2 paragraph 3):
      "The value of an expression is always a sequence".
It may be a single-value sequence, but it's a sequence.

So I'd say XPath2Sequence sounds like *exactly* the right way to model
this.

If you want to also provide a convenience API which automatically unwraps
singleton sequences, I think that's a separate question.