RE: iterator implemented in DOMConfiguration

From: Sander Bos <sander@x-hive.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:25:10 +0200
To: "W3-DOM" <www-dom@w3.org>

> Would an iterator make sense in the DOMConfiguration?  That would
> allow the properties to be discovered dynamically, instead of
> hardwiring strings like "canonical-form" in applications.  Or perhaps
> a getNextProperty()?

+1 for getting a list of property names, instead of a getNextProperty or
Iterator I guess the DOM way would be something like
	DOMStringList getPropertyNames();

In our application the use case is that we have a graphical tool that on
checkboxes, everything about that form is dynamic apart from determining
the list of properties. Once you have a property name you can determine
whether it's a boolean property, default value and what is supported
etc.

Kind regards,

--Sander.