Re: More L3 Core Comments

From: Elena Litani <elitani@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:18:22 -0400
To: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>, www-dom@w3.org

Hi Curt,

Thank you for your comments.

Curt Arnold wrote:
> Interface DOMImplementationSource:
>
> I dislike the form of this interface for a couple of reasons:  it
> requires that each implementation source to parse the features list
> which could have been done once for all implementation sources and it
> enables the implementation source to return inconsistent first
> implementation sources.

I don't see how implementation may return inconsistent result..
Can you give an example of the situation you are describing?

> I'd suggest something like
> interface DOMImplementationSource {
>     DOMImplementation getDOMImplementation(DOMStringList features,
> DOMStringList versions, unsigned int index);
> }

Can you clarify your proposal, i.e. what is the purpose of index?
Using your approach how would some one ask for an implementation that
supports both "LS" and "Range" features?
Also, how can some one retrieve multiple DOM implementations if more
than one available for the set of features specified?

Thank you,
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto