Re: Comments for DOM 3 Core Last Call

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 05 Aug 2003 17:50:01 -0400
To: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Cc: WWW DOM <www-dom@w3.org>

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 04:35, Susan Lesch wrote:
> White space is two words (see all prose and productions in XML 1.0
> except one typo in 1998 and the Infoset since WD-xml-infoset-20010202).
> I don't know why it wound up being one word in [element content
> whitespace]. Do you?
>  isWhitespaceInElementContent [2] could (should?) be
> isWhiteSpaceInElementContent and whitespace-in-element-content [3] could be
> white-space-in-element-content. If Last Call is too late to change those,
> perhaps at least the prose could match XML and the Infoset to say "white
> space" (rather than "whitespaces").

DOM Level 1 used two words (one occurence).
DOM Level 2 used one and two words (one occurence for each).
DOM Level 3 is also using both (several occurences for each). I don't
have a personal opinion on that one. As an additional information,
googlefight tells us that "white space" wins for the moment. I would
propose following the Webster in the prose, and the Infoset for methods
and attributes naming.

> Also I happened to see:
> s/web/Web/
> s/"Universal Resource Identifiers"/"Uniform Resource Identifiers"/
> s/[XML Information set]/[XML Information Set]/
>
> In the lists of defined constants, some dd's end in periods when they
> are sentences but some don't. They could all match.
>
> In Appendix E, does "part of the Level 2 DOM specification" mean Level 3 now?
>
> ArborText (contents page) became Arbortext (section 1). I don't know what
> year that happened but maybe the Mike Champion affiliation can match.

fixed.

Philippe