Null versus ""

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:09:32 -0400
To: WWW DOM <www-dom@w3.org>

I know we discussed this repeatedly a VERY long time ago, but I need to
confirm my memory in order to determine whether a bug report is valid or
not:

The nodeValue of a Text node should never be null. Right?

(As I recall, we decided that the behavior if someone tried to set the Text
node's value to null this was a case of "it isn't our intent, the results
are implementation dependent, and if it hurts when you do that...")

Thanks in advance.

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk