Re: DOM Level 3 Validation Tests

Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts/2003Jul/0008.html)

>They are generated with the W3C DOM test suite tools with two changes:
>
>1. The Core and Validation specs both have a contentType attribute. This
>results in duplicate definitions in dom3.xsd. This issue needs to be
>fixed either in the spec to avoid a possible conflict or dom-to-xsd.xsl
>needs to be modified.  For now, we've manually modified the dom3.xsd as
>a temporary fix.

The 5 Feb 2003 validation draft has a ElementEditVAL.contentType METHOD
returning an unsigned short.  Changing this to an attribute was accepted
as a last call issue.  I could not find contentType in the 9 June 2003
Core draft.  If there are multiple methods with the same signature
(including parameter names) or multiple attributes with the same value
type the transforms are adequate to handle it.   However, if there is
both a contentType method and contentType method or the signatures
differ then the transforms need to be modified.

If there a contentType attribute is added to a core interface returning
a MIME type, then I would suggest changing the name of
ElementEditVAL.contentType method to ElementEditVAL.contentModel
attribute or similar.  The test suite could compensate, but I'd
recommend not using the same name if the types are different,