Re: DOM binding for FORTRAN ?

From: Luca Padovani <lpadovan@cs.unibo.it>
Date: 25 Mar 2003 07:39:56 +0100
To: Elda Rossi <Elda.Rossi@cineca.it>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

Hi Elda,

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 09:26, Elda Rossi wrote:
> And, if not, do you think it's possible to use some libraries designed
> for C language?
> Is it available a C binding to DOM?

In the Linux environment we use Gdome2 (http://gdome2.cs.unibo.it) which
provides a C DOM API. On top of Gdome2, several bindings for other
programming languages have been provided (C++, Ocaml, Perl, Ruby, and
possibly others I'm not aware of). The interesting thing is that all the
bindings can be generated automatically.

For the C++ and Ocaml bindings, we create the code automatically with
XSLT stylesheets starting from the XML version of the DOM spec (see
http://gmetadom.sourceforge.net). Only a very limited number of classes
must be hand-coded.

I assume it is possible to do something similar for Fortran as well,
although the details on how to do it will likely vary from compiler to
compiler.

Yours,
-- Luca