Re: Clarification on EventTarget removal for DOM Events

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 02 Feb 2003 11:42:16 -0500
To: "Michael B. Allen" <miallen@eskimo.com>
Cc: "Alexander J. Vincent" <ajvincent@hotmail.com>, WWW DOM <www-dom@w3.org>

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 16:16, Michael B. Allen wrote:
> Although, I'm not sure what happens if you register a handler in
> a handler say during the capturing phase on a target that would be
> traversed during the bubbling phase. As it is I think my implementation
> would trigger such a listener. Mmm.

If a "bubbling" event listener is registered during the capture phase of
the event propagation, it will be triggered. If a "capturing" event
listener is registered during the capture phase of the event
propagation, it will not be triggered.

[[
If an EventListener is added to an EventTarget while it is processing an
event, it will not be triggered by the current actions but may be
triggered during a later stage of event flow, such as the bubbling
phase.
]]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Events-20001113/events.html#Events-EventTarget-addEventListener

Philippe