Re: Last call comments on DOM3 Events

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 20 Jun 2003 17:11:01 -0400
To: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: WWW DOM <www-dom@w3.org>, HTML WG <w3c-html-wg@w3.org>, Forms <w3c-forms@w3.org>

On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 12:17, Steven Pemberton wrote:
> 1.5.3 Text events
> This interface is horrible. Bound to a keyboard, and a fairly specific one
> as far as I can see (No 'help' key? Oh, Windows keyboards don't have them!).
> Why should text be bound to a keyboard? What about speech input? Or a
> tablet? I think you need a logical text interface before a keyboard
> interface. And why the inconsistencies between the keyboard in the mouse
> events, and the one here?

The new proposal, the TextEvent and KeyboardEvent interfaces, is a
complete new approach for keyboard events. It should satisfy your
concerns.

Also, the new proposed draft should also address the remaining part of
your concerns. If it is not the case, please let us know.

Philippe

PS: your issue has been closed
http://www.w3.org/2002/07/DOM-Level-3-Events-issues/issues.html#pemberton2