Re: More comments Level 3 Validation/Edit

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 03 Jun 2003 08:34:36 -0400
To: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Cc: "Benjamin C. Chang" <Ben.Chang@oracle.com>, WWW DOM <www-dom@w3.org>

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 23:45, Curt Arnold wrote:
> The current public working draft of L3 Core does not define NameList.  I
> assume that it is defined in the current working group draft.  If
> NameList has a provision to creation of nodes from a name entry, then I
> would be satisified with the resolution.

Here is the current NameList interface as defined in the incoming
version of the Core draft (to be published really soon):

// Introduced in DOM Level 3:
interface NameList {
  DOMString          getName(in unsigned long index)
                                        raises(DOMException);
  DOMString          getNamespaceURI(in unsigned long index)
                                        raises(DOMException);
  readonly attribute unsigned long   length;
};

It does not define a method to create an Element or Attr node, but doing
so can be achieved easily using the createX() methods.

> I do believe it would be essential to have a coordinated release of a
> Core public draft with the next public working draft of L3 validation.

Our current effort is focused on updating the Core and Load/Save drafts
so those drafts should be back in sync soon.

Philippe