Re: Other minor changes

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 00:36, Mike Mansell wrote:
> A small enhancement:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-DOM-Level-3-Events-20030331/events.html
>
> In the section for EventTarget, there is a paragraph that describes how
> move from a Node to an EventTarget:
>
> ---
> ... and, therefore, this interface can be obtained by using
> binding-specific casting methods on an instance of the Node interface.
> ---
>
> Firstly, I feel that it should refer to getFeature (similar to the
> description for XPathEvaluator).

Correct. In fact, I expect that all DOM 3 drafts will need an update on
that front, including the XPath draft.

>  Secondly, it should not refer to the
> Node interface as the EventTarget is used on non-Node interfaces
> (such a DOMConfiguration).

DOMConfiguration is not EventTarget, at least from the specification
point of view. While it is true that you can make the DOMConfiguration
to be an EventTarget, this is outside the scope of the specification and
we are only requiring the objects implementing the Node interface to be
EventTarget.

> Perhaps something like:
>
> ... and, therefore, this interface can be obtained by using
> binding-specific casting methods or by using the DOM
> Level 3 getFeature method.

That would cover Nodes and DOMImplementations. While it is our intent to
enforce Nodes to be EventTargets, we stay silent on purporse for
DOMImplementations.

> This is a typo error:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-DOM-Level-3-Core-20030226/core.html
>
> In the section for DOMConfiguration, the parameter "infoset", says:
>
> ---
> Note that querying this feature with getFeature returns true only if the
> individual features specified above are appropriately set.
> ---
>
> It should be hasFeature, not getFeature.

It should be getParameter in fact, and not getFeature.

> A typo error:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-DOM-Level-3-Events-20030331/events.html
>
> In the description for the isCustom() in Event, then return value
> is described as:
>
> ---
> boolean true if preventDefault() has been called for this event.
> ---
>
> This is obviously a cut-and-paste error from the next function
> isDefaultPrevented(). It should be something like:
>
> boolean false, unless the event implements the CustomEvent interface.

Good catch!

Thanks for then comments. I'll add them, including my reply, in our
issues list for the record. As usual, since the DOM 3 Events is in Last
Call, if you are not satisfy with the answers, don't forget to say so,

Philippe

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/07/DOM-Level-3-Events-issues/all.html