Re: getFeature in DOMImplementation and Node return the wrong object

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 17:20, Mike Mansell wrote:
> As of the latest public draft:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-DOM-Level-3-Core-20030226
>
> the getFeature method in DOMImplementation and Node are returing a Node instead of a DOMObject. Based on the descriptions in the method, it looks like it should be returning a DOMObject. Now that DOM XPath is in CR, I want/need the getFeature function to work so I can use it to go from a Document to an XPathEvaluator.

Correct. It is now fixed and both methods must return a DOMObject. I was
the one to integrate the change in the specification two days before the
publication and did not do it properly.
Note that this change should actually address your concerns from
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2002OctDec/0139.html
Also, getFeature(s) will need to address the issue of backward
compatibility: how to identify a "directly castable" feature from a
"getFeature only" feature.

Philippe