Re: Exposing the critical ACTUAL style values?

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:21:29 -0600
To: Ray Whitmer <rayw@netscape.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

Ray, I really wish you would call me, because this thread is becoming a
"debate of attrition" where neither of us is really addressing the other's
points.  For example, I was not talking about the modularity or
reuseability of abstract.  I said specifically, "the more abstract
something is, the less useful".  I am refering to utility as accomplishing
a feature set.

We are losing sight of our goal, which is to find a solution.  Not to
divert from each other's points.  I think we need verbal communication.

>>1. FACT: the more abstract something is, the less useful it is in the real
>>world.  All abstraction has to be comprised to achieve implementation.
>>Thus NOTHING is purely abstract.  It is all relative.  So the useful
>>questions are not ABSOLUTE.  They are based upon PRIORITIES.  These
>>priorities should be controlled by the demand for applications (uses) of
>>the technology.  Eistein proved this.
>>

>I disagree.  the more abstract it is, the more reusable it is.

-Shelby Moore