Text::replaceWholeText Query

----- Original Message -----
From: bharathi
To: Pavithran
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 9:51 AM
Subject: Text::replaceWholeText Query

Hi,
     I have a query regarding replaceWholeText method of Text interface. According to my understanding a node is readonly if it is an Entity or
EntityReference or
descendant of Entity or
descendant of EntityReference.

Description of replaceWholeText says NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR is raised if one of the Text nodes being replaced is readonly. It also says when the current node is a readonly node, create a new node of the same type as the current node inserted at the site of the replacement. It is not clear what to do when replaceWholeText is called on Text or CDATASection node, whose ancestor is EntityReference.Should I throw an exception or create a node of appropriate type?

Thanks in advance
Bharathi