Re: UserDataHandler.NODE_DELETED

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:44:45 -0500
To: rayw@netscape.com (Ray Whitmer)
Cc: www-dom <www-dom@w3.org>

>  I would be happy with a declaration in the Java binding
> that simply said it is never called, so
> people are not tempted to try it or implement it.

I wouldn't be. In some applications it's critical. In many it's
irrelevant, and that's fine; those can happily use an implementation which
doesn't support it, and most such implementations will satisfy a wide
range of users... but not all, and those who do need it have no other
(portable) option.

I wouldn't object to making this a sub-Feature so DOMs which promise _not_
to call it could explicitly say so and that would be a (more) clearly
acceptable option.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research