Re: Level 3 XPath doesn't feel right

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 11:51, Joseph Kesselman wrote:
> On Thursday, 10/31/2002 at 05:43 CET, Christian Parpart
> <cparpart@surakware.net> wrote:
> > can't imagine _ANY_ usecase for a standalone XPath Module implementaion.
>
> It's a separate module precisely because there are, and will be, DOMs that
> don't implement it, for various reasons.

While I do agree with the fact that the XPath module will be implemented
in standalone implementations, I don't think that supporting the
XPathEvaluator on Document is easier than supporting on the Node
interface. In both cases, the implementation will have to extend somehow
the interface (using a subclass mechanism or a delegate model) and
register it in the DOM Core implementation. This is why we have
getInterface in the Core in fact.

Philippe