Re: DOM Level 3+Bootstrapping

To be useful, bootstrapping has to be defined in one place for the
binding you are using.  Since DOM contains normative bindings for Java
and ECMAScript, these can be specified there.

The first question with respect to C++ would be which C++ binding,
because more than one have been created, each of which could be expected
to supply bootstrapping differently, following the basic map in the
spec.  How to get it would have to be defined in the DOM binding.  If
there is only ever 1 DOM implementation you will use, then, as you say,
it is not useful.

Ray Whitmer
rayw@netscape.com