Help me please

From: athar khan <atharbj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 07:57:07 +0500
To: www-dom@w3.org

I have received an assignment about research on document object model. I
haven't still found answers to the following questions:

1) Where is DOM used now, and does it have a future?
2) Who owns DOM and what does it cost?
3) Why should a commercial organization get interested in this technology?

I would appreciate if you reply to me at your earliest possible as my
assignment due date is getting closer.