Re: XPath namespace nodes

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:29:07 -0400
To: rayw@netscape.com (Ray Whitmer)
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

So call it getOwnerElementOrDocument(), returning Node just as getParent
does... though that name's a bit verbose. On the other hand, I don't think
getXPathParent() would fly, for various reasons...?

We know what we want to do, we know why we want to do it (efficiency and
code clarity), we just need a clean way of expressing it... and I need to
convince folks that it's interesting enough to be worth supporting.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research